Legal Assistance for Survivors of Sexual Assault (LASSA)
The Legal Aid for Survivors of Sexual Assault (LASSA) is a network funded by Texas Access to Justice Foundation that serves every Texas county, providing survivors of sexual assault with a wide range of free legal services from general advice to holistic, direct representation in civil legal matters stemming from the sexual assault.
LASSA Network Members
Sexual Violence Survivors Deserve Justice.
Sexual violence can include:
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual threats and intimidation
- Child sexual abuse
- Rape (including marital rape)
- Human sexual trafficking
Important to know:
- You may be hurt by someone you know or by a stranger at any time in your life.
- You don’t have to report the sexual violence to the police to get our help.
- We provide confidential legal help to sexual violence survivors.
If you have survived sexual violence, you may have legal needs. Here are some examples of possible legal needs:
- Personal safety at home, work or school
- Applying for a protective order
- Filing for divorce or custody of your children
- Transferring to a different school
- Keeping medical, mental health, and education records private
- Terminating a lease or fighting an eviction
- Applying for unemployment benefits, food stamps, Medicaid, or Social Security disability
- Applying for crime victim compensation
- Fighting payday loans, hospital bills or other creditors
- Fighting identity theft
IF YOU NEED HELP, PLEASE VISIT THE FIND HELP PAGE.