Legal Assistance to Survivors of Sexual Assault
Sexual Violence Survivors Deserve Justice.
Sexual violence can include:
- Sexual harassment
- Sexual threats and intimidation
- Child sexual abuse
- Rape (including marital rape)
- Human sexual trafficking
Important to know:
- You may be hurt by someone you know or by a stranger at any time in your life.
- You don’t have to report the sexual violence to the police to get our help.
- We provide confidential legal help to sexual violence survivors.
If you have survived sexual violence, you may have legal needs. Here are some examples of possible legal needs:
- Personal safety at home, work or school
- Applying for a protective order
- Filing for divorce or custody of your children
- Transferring to a different school
- Keeping medical, mental health, and education records private
- Terminating a lease or fighting an eviction
- Applying for unemployment benefits, food stamps, Medicaid, or Social Security disability
- Applying for crime victim compensation
- Fighting payday loans, hospital bills or other creditors
- Fighting identity theft
IF YOU NEED HELP, PLEASE VISIT THE FIND HELP PAGE.